The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

AirAmerica

As seen on Atrios, there's an interesting article in the Star Tribune on the trials and tribulations of Air America.

I listen to Air America at work sometimes, though the Giant Robot's reception on AM isn't very good. Luckily, we have a fairly fast pipe at work. I enjoy a lot of the programs--the O'Franken Factor is pretty good, and Morning Sedition makes me laugh if only for "Recovery Corner," where Marc Moran tries to get his recovering alcoholic friend George W. to admit his mistakes.

The final tagline in the aforementioned article--that radio is not a political machine--is insanely stupid. I mean, once you take out Savage, Hannity, Larson, Snow, Dr. Laura, all of Clear Channel, and Rush, what are you left with? A classical station and a bunch of static.

Next they'll be saying that there's no bias on TV...