The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Arrow of Apollo

OK, so I went to the coast and I didn't take any pictures. Mostly because I left my camera in my bag and the futurephone's camera isn't what it used to be.

(As an aside, I am hard on phones. This Samsung of mine has taken quite a beating and it's on its second faceplate. Should really be on its third, what with the five cracks and all. In any case, the damage makes a lot of my shots... very fuzzy.)

Season two of Battlestar Galactica is still hitting pretty hard. I think my friend Alice is right in that Starbuck is totally a Mary Sue at this point—she's good at shooting, she's the best fighter pilot ever, she's a tactical genius, she was almost a pro Pyramid player, she paints, she drinks, plays cards the best, has abusive parents, yadda yadda yadda. OK, so she's emotionally stunted, but that also comes with the territory.

On the other hand, it's good to see Edward James Olmos earn his paycheck by doing more than lie in a bed looking comatose (which is probably WAY harder than it sounds). Adama is back, and we've missed him. Lots and lots of Starbuck action, and we get to see a new Cylon model. Plus, Boomer's back. Sorta.

There's evidently a bit in one of the podcasts (which I totally need to start listening to) where Ron Moore talks about the resistance on Caprica being something like, "What if the world ended... and then you ran into the LA Lakers?"

If I knew basketball as well as I knew hockey, I'd make some sports-related joke here, but as it is I'm trying to get ready for our kickball playoffs tomorrow. So that is left as an exercise for the reader.