The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Probation Period

So after much hemming and hawing, work decided to finally keep me on permanently. However, there's a six-month probationary period. (Much like the first time I was hired as a grant position.) On the other hand, I've been doing this job for over two years. One would think that any bugs would have come out of the woodwork by now.

This is just the system and it's nothing personal, but it certainly feels that way.

In other news, Atrios points to an article in the Village Voice about the Bush administration meeting with a theocratic group to discuss policy on Israel. So that everything meshes with their scenario of the End Times.

Puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? Why not say leave no child behind and then not fund the program? They'll be joining Jebus in heaven any day now.

Heh. I just got an inquiry about a job in New Jersey. That must be the fifth or sixth this year--what part of will not relocate are they missing?