The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

We've been watching the DNC convention from Boston this evening. An excellent lineup of speakers. I was particularly moved by the speech of the Reverend David Alston, who served with John Kerry in Vietnam.

And of course, there was Clinton. The Big Dog himself, laying out a brilliant speech comparing the price of his tax cut ("I'm a member of the wealthiest class in America, for the first time in my life!") with what it costs to the average person. I'm looking for a transcript now. Just pure gold. A-ha! Found one!
For the first time ever when America was on a war footing, there were two huge tax cuts, nearly half of which went to the top one percent. I’m in that group now for the first time in my life.

When I was in office, the Republicans were pretty mean to me. When I left and made money, I became part of the most important group in the world to them. At first I thought I should send them a thank you note—until I realized they were sending you the bill.

I cannot wait for tomorrow--Dean and Obama.