The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Hot and cold

No, not the kids' game.

Once again it's warm in the City of Roses, so many citizens are out finding ways to cool off. We went to see Shrek 2 this afternoon, which was hilarious.

I remember being very surprised at how much I liked the first film. It didn't exactly cry out for a sequel, but the second film was also surprisingly good. The Puss-in-Boots character needs his own sequel, I think. (Whoever animated the hairball sequence obviously had a cat.) That's two films in the last six months featuring extended hairball moments--the other being Return of the King, as I remember Andy Serkis saying that Gollum's voice was inspired in part by his cat.

All this running in and out of air conditioning is playing havoc with my sinus units. I appear to be coming down with a headache. Grrr. Faulty manufacturing, I say.