The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Here's the pitch...


playoffs05JPG
Originally uploaded by GiantFightingBot.
What a different a couple of games make. The first time we played this team, they trounced us, solidly.

The Commandos beat us again today, but it was nowhere near the same score. They outscored us, but by fewer runs. We also improved our fielding, performance on the field, and mental attitude.

There wasn't the panic I saw in earlier games when a run was scored. There were still some issues with people throwing over the heads of their teammates, but at least I was not tempted to rename myself "Throw-the-ball-at-the-baseman-not-at-the- runner Pie" like I was last week. (I'm Key Lime this season. I might be Grasshopper Pie later on.)

It's also really, really, really hot out today, which is one of the reasons I've given most of the games a miss. Out to the final now, and then a party.