The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My work is kinda boring

Because at no point have I done anything as cool as what's illustrated in this news story.
The discovery, reported in the journal Nature, is a key step in the creation of ultra-powerful lasers known as gamma-ray annihilation lasers.

Think about that. Gamma-ray annihilation lasers. The name just rolls off the tongue. I fully expect that to be a new weapon in Supreme Commander or EVE Online.

Yeah, I'm still playing that damn internet space game. A friend of mine asked me the other day what my character is like and I was confused. You never really see people in the game, just spaceships. Sometimes a floating corpse in space (fun fact: everybody in the future weighs like 240 pounds and is six and a half feet tall, you can tell by the stats when you pick one up) but that is about it.

There are rumors that a version in the future will have walking through space stations, but I really don't see the appeal. It would be like a grimy Second Life or something.