The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, June 25, 2004

More BloggerAd messing

Apple computer. Airport Express.

These are on my mind as my daily job involves working with Windows XP. And because it's Microsoft, it's irritating. Adding a printer, for example, is kind of a pain. And we've been printing far longer than we've been using a computer, so you'd think that some day we'd make it less annoying than it is.

I out-clevered myself, too. I restricted the normal classroom user so they cannot add, rename, or delete printers. So what do I want to do now? Delete one printer and add another one. So I can either mess with policy files (itself another reason to hate Windows with the fury of a thousand suns) to remove this restriction, or I can update the Ghost image I'm using and re-image all the machines.

The latter might be be faster, assuming I don't have to mess with the Ghost image all that much. I think it's vulnerable to one of the more recent worms, so patching that might be fun.

I have this wish that the next round of replacements will be iBooks. It would make me a lot happier.