The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, June 25, 2004

No gonadal politics here

So a while ago, Nader had a nominating convention here in Oregon, and they had to call it after a while because they could only get 731 signatures. This probably won't happen again, thanks to the fine folks in the GOP. The Citizens for a Sound Economy wants GOP folks to attend the next convention so he'll get on the ballot. Who the fuck are they, you ask? Their Media Transparency entry shows that their major donations come from:

  • Phillip Morris

  • US West

  • Exxon

  • A bunch of Florida sugar companies

  • Microsoft


Somehow I doubt that they're helping Ralph get on the ballot in a swing state out of the goodness of their hearts. Call me a cynic, but to me it seems like maybe there's an ulterior motive here.

Five days until we give Iraq up. The world will be so much better then! Woo!

My sarcasm sequencer is out of alignment this morning because I managed to forget some documents, the checkbook, and my cellphone when I left the house.