The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Meme du jour

Athenais writes:

Name a book you love no matter what anyone says.
The Amazing Screw-On Head. The best comic of 2002, hands down. I hear that the Sci-Fi Channel is turning it into an animated series.

Name a book you loathe no matter what anyone says.
The Princess Bride. Love the movie. Hate the book with a passion. I hate the narrator so very, very much.

Name a book you think is undeservedly obscure.
Sir Machinery. Somebody reprint this, now. Lest I go and plunk down $200 for a copy.

Name a book you think is undeservedly famous.
Stranger in a Strange Land. Heinlein at his most didactic. Well, that and Snow Crash. Everything past the first 16 pages is crap.

Name a book you think you ought to read.
There was that list from a while back. Jane Eyre, The Sound and the Fury, Catcher in the Rye, Moby Dick, etc.

Name a book you think I ought to read.
Carter Beats the Devil. If you haven't already, that is. I've given this book as a gift at least three times and I will probably will again.


I'll get back to the trip report as soon as my headache goes away.