The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Peacekeeper Wars

Trailer for the new Farscape movie up on Apple's site.

Lots of explosions, not a lot of humor to be seen. Looks like a continuation of the last couple of seasons rather than the first one. Which is weird. I like the early stuff in the show much better than the later soap opera it turned into. Multiple Crichtons, who is or is not Aeyrn's child's father, the spooky gramma Plot Device with the fakey third eye, etc.

And not Talyn or Zhaan. (Granted, both those characters are... not with the show anymore but dumber things have already happened, like the animated episode.)

In other news, Enron's deeds are still with us. Maria Cantwell had a press conference where she played tapes of Enron execs gouging California for power, all the while killing fish and joking about it. Then there's Iraq. Last night, Gillespie, the head of the RNC was on the Daily Show and I really wish Jon Stewart had followed up on the statement that Iraq was going well--there was a moment on his face where he asked, "Do you really want to go there?" and you could see him waiting to pounce.

Pikmin 2 is out Real Soon Now and I cannot wait. I loved the first game. Absolutely loved it, even if the final creature is completely impossible to kill. The only problem is that the Pikmin are so cute that I feel terrible any time anything bad happens to any of them--a poor Pikmin aflame is a sad sight, indeed.