The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Behaving like adults

I had... five meetings today.

One was in direct response to my second meeting, in which people with higher degrees behaved less like adults and more like the four-year-old I know who urinates in the street and can't quite get toilet-training right.

No, scratch that. He's better-behaved than they were.

Here's a tip: if you leave a meeting wanting to throw up or punch something, there's a problem. Doubly so if you doubt that anything will seriously be done about it.

So checklist:
  • shitty meeting
  • limping around with a bum knee
  • lunch that felt like it was going to come back up at any moment
  • so much time spent in meetings and meeting fallout I didn't get anything done
  • being annoyed that I let somebody bother me like that

Yeah. It's been a great fucking day.

I have a vacation starting tomorrow, but it sure doesn't feel like it. At this point, maybe I would be better off trying to rebuild my knee out of deck screws and scraps of wood.