The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Objects in Space

For some reason, I was craving pancakes almost all weekend. I suppose one could blame Hellboy, after the two-page genius that was "Hellboy Eats Pancakes." I am easily suggestible, why do you ask?

So we went to the hippie-fuck cafe that serves vegan and vegetarian food, yet will give you bacon (made from the flesh of living pigs!) on your grilled cheese sammich, for breakfast. I had the lemon-blueberry-poppyseed pancakes, and they were good. They also played Johnny Cash's album Live In Folsom Prison, and that was pretty damn cool.

After that we went to Music Millennium, where we found a bunch of music that we've been looking for. New Orbital, new Modest Mouse, a copy of Let's Get Small, and some other things. I had a copy of the Triumph DVD in my hands but I thought I'd see what other people thought of it before I plunked down my money for it.

Also watched quite a bit of Firefly this afternoon. Now eagerly awaiting the movie that will (hopefully) wrap up some of the threads from the show. I'm not the biggest Joss Whedon fan--I never liked Angel nor could I sit through a single episode of Buffy--but I really liked Firefly. Mrs. GFR, not so much.

Hrm. Is it too early to put We3 on my pull list at the shop? Grant Morrison doing The Incredible Journey, only with machine guns and exoskeletons. I have a suspicion all the cute animals will die horribly at the end, but that's just a Grant thing to do.