The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Clean Air Action Day

So this is what global warming looks like. I can't wait to see what happens when it really kicks in.

I slept... poorly. I give myself a C, C- for sleeping, being outshone by C+ Augustus. My legs were tense, and then I had the following dream: My grandmother had died, so we were going through my grandparents' cabin on the lake. Each family member had a truck and they were grabbing everything they wanted, first-come, first-served. I went to their liquor cabinet, which in the dream was stocked with a lot of brandy and liqueurs.

People in the cabin were a mixture of my actual family and many of my local friends. Some of the family members were out on the lake zooming around, and then a bunch of people were drinking to celebrate and remember the lives of my grandparents. My cousin Angie started throwing up, then she went into cardiac arrest and died in front of us. We had a pocket fusion-powered defibrilator, but it had been mostly depleted by the kids using it as a party trick. So they are attempting to get it to work, and there's a ten-minute gap between shocks since the power is so low. I'm on the cellphone to 911, only the operator is my dad and neither of us can remember the address of this place clearly. (At some point it had become my mom's new house.)

The paramedics never arrive, but the second jolt from the pocket defibrilator does the job. Only know my cousin (who had six or seven kids in the dream) isn't terribly bright after all the brain damage she's had. So we go back to the Motel 6 they're staying at and drop her off.

Then it's off to some sort of farmer's market, where the psychic at the entryway asks if one in our party has been orphaned recently. "This morning," we say. She lets us in for free. The guy in front of us had just gotten off a plane after another sad story, so free vegetables for all.

The farmer's market devolves into some sort of game of musical chairs, where family members who dislike each other are forced to compete to sit next to one another. The last thing I clearly remember is the announcer talking about my grandmother. I woke up and my hands were clenched into fists.

Today is going to be an outstanding day. I can just tell.