The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Holy Crap! No jobs!

Where can you find no jobs? Only in America... Jobs are harder to find than lions.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics blew all of my expectations out of the water with the new job statistics. I was thinking, maybe things are picking up, maybe, say +100K.

Nope. Today they announced the magic of the Bush administration's tireless war against everybody not them resulted in a whopping +32K. And they revised a bunch of other job reports down. Shit. I'm afraid to look at the market at this point.

But hey, he said it himself:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

This weekend marks the 30-year anniversary of Nixon resigning. Perhaps that means something.

When I finally did get back to sleep, I dreamt of taking my dad and stepmom to the airport to meet my brother. Only my dad lived on a farm in-between Fairfax and Norway, and I had to drive a bunch of back roads to the airport. Huh.

And hey, the asshole Swift Boat Idiots for "Truth" are being exposed as the liars they are. It's like McCain in South Carolina all over again, only this time it's not sticking. (Note to future liars about Kerry's military record: if you malign his receiving of a medal like the Bronze Star, try not to have a spokesperson who received a Bronze Star in the same engagement. It makes you look like LIARS. Which you are.)