The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

It's Thursday.

I'm not sure if I'm like Arthur Dent and can never get the hang of Thursdays.

On the other hand, I am clearly a lot more tired and down than I realized, because I cannot think of an Alan Keyes is Making Sense-related joke this morning for love nor money. (They're thinking of running him against Barack Obama in IL, which is just insane. Though insanity is an old chum to Alan Keyes.)

In other news, somebody is following David Cross' advice and is compiling a list of the Terrah Alert warnings and what happened just a few days before.

May 19, 2004 -- Newsweek reports that President Bush's top lawyer warned two years ago that Bush could be prosecuted for war crimes as a result of how his administration was fighting the war on terror. Source

Same day – White House stonewalls UN on papers about Halliburton’s contracts in Iraq. Source

Same day – Tom Ridge testifies before 9/11 Commission on this second day of hearings in NYC. Source

Same day - The 9/11 Commission begins another round of hearings in NYC. Source

May 19, 2004 -- Nothing but bad news about prisoner abuse in Iraq, including breaking news that the Pentagon was told about the abuses back in November. Source

Senate Armed Forces Committee holds hearings on Abu Ghraib abuses. Source

May 20, 2004 - United States goes on Orange Alert. Source

July 6, 2004 -- Kerry names Edwards as his running mate. Source

July 8, 2004 - Tom Ridge holds a press conference on terror alerts over the summer and during the conventions. Source

July 11, 2004 -- Senior White House officials discuss the possibility of delaying the elections in case of a terrorist attack. Source


In the immortal words of Teresa Nielsen-Hayden I deeply resent the way this administration makes me feel like a nutbar conspiracy theorist.