The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

iPod shortage

Mrs. GFR received a bonus for an employee referral. We would have really liked the instant gratification of buying an iPod mini today, but there is not one to be had in this city for love nor money.

The Apple store rep in the mall was kinda snotty about it, too, which I was displeased with. It's not like we haven't been good customers, it's not like we didn't have cash money on hand, it's not like I made a snotty reference to market share or anything.

So now one will be delivered, but probably not in time to enjoy on our vacation. Not cool.

In other news, I finished reading the second over-sized Red Star trade. What a fantastic read--it's good that I have a duplicate of the first trade as I think I'll be lending it out a lot.

Playing the Spider-Man 2 video game, and it really is Grand Theft Auto: Spider-Man. You run around in a city freeform, picking up missions from various people, delivering pizzas, delivering folks to the hospital, and getting involved with gun-toting baddies. Only this time you're stopping them instead of being the one shooting.

I like it, though I dunno if it's a keeper. Still, that's the beauty of Gamefly. You can send it back and get another one.