The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Can you buy back my pride, Marvel?

So Membrane points us to this magificent eBay auction, in which a child-friendly Wolverine (!?!?) attempts to cajole you into buying a magnificent Green Lantern figure. Hrm. I wonder if I need such a thing?

It's a pity Hal Jordan isn't around to watch over us now. Our administration, which is frantically retooling their message to get anything that will make people want to vote for them, is now running on results.

So, let's see...
  • The economy is a shambles
  • Thousands of dead in Iraq
  • Personal income dropped for the second year in a row
  • We're hated almost universally around the world
  • A trillion-dollar surplus is now a trillion-dollar defecit
  • The gap between rich and poor is now the Grand Canyon
  • Etc... Etc... Etc...


Oh, and they've now upped the Terrah Alert in NY and NJ. Just because. They have information. (When did the US become The Village?)

Terror Alert Level

Exercise vague caution! Wear a sweater!

I'm not sure running on results is gonna work for them. Just sayin'. I think I liked them better when they had the Wag-the-Dog-esque "Steady Leadership in Times of Change." Sounds like an ad for adult undergarments.