The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Lies, damn lies, and statistics

Remember that timeline of terror alerts and the Bush presidency?

Now it's available in chart form. Fascinating. Every terror alert is followed by a tiny, tiny jump in approval ratings.

Keep crying wolf, there, Mr. Ridge.

I am working towards Kerry being president, as I am tired of stuff like this:
Bush: "We've actually misnamed the 'War on Terror.' It ought to be 'The... the... the... Struggle Against Ideological Extremists Who Do Not Believe in Free Societies Who Happen to Use Terror as a Weapon... To Try to Shake the Conscience of the Free World.'"

What does that abbreviate to?

TTTSAIEWDNBIFSWHTUTAAWTTTSTCOTFW.

T'saiwendbifswhtutaawtstotfw. Gesundheit.