The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

300 to 4, er, 10

Via this DKos story, one learns that Bush has spoken of Saddam Hussein 300 times since January 2003, but only 10 times of Osama Bin Laden. And six of those ten times were answers to direct questions, so you figure 300 to 4 voluntary mentions is pretty sad. It does explain, perhaps, why more Fox viewers think that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 than people who pay attention.

Perhaps he'll start mentioning Bin Laden more, as research has shown that people thinking of their own mortality have an improved image of Bush. I saw some nutbag walking around campus the other day with a t-shirt saying 10 out of 10 terrorists favor anybody but Bush.

I had problems with this shirt for multiple reasons.
  1. First of all, if anything, terrorists want four more years of Bush. Attacking Iraq has made us less safe, not more. Terrorist recruiting is through the roof since we started our quagmire in Iraq.
  2. There's an al-Queda sect that openly endorsed Bush for precisely this reason. So it's not unanimous even without terrorists in favor of stem-cell research.
  3. Saying terrorists endorse "anybody but Bush" implies that anyone sharing this view is also a terrorist. Thanks!
  4. Running on Bush's record is always a bad idea. I mean, how successful is the guy when he ignores a memo titled Bin Laden Determined To Strike Inside United States?

People are running scared, I guess.

I clearly need more coffee as I am giving this idiot more time than he'd ever give me or my views.