The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

/path/to/geeklog/config.php

So one of the things I've been doing at work is creating and maintaining a blog.

I originally thought this free package called GeekLog was going to be the answer, but the more I use it, the more limitations I find. To wit:
  • Only one topic per story
  • Only one blog per installation, so if you want a second blog you have to re-install the thing
  • Adding stories is annoying and tricky
  • Files are stored in strange places. Some of them appear to be in the site folder, while others are stored in the geeklog folder and there doesn't appear to be a good source as to which is which.
  • The author's not terribly helpful.

I think I'll be investigating this other site more. Whee.

Tonight on the Daily Show, Bill O'Leilly is on. Since he called the audience of TDS a bunch of stoned slackers the other day, one can only imagine how much fun this is going to be.