The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

They don't make them like this anymore...

Action Comics no. 466


And that is sad. Picked up a ton of stuff at the shop today, including the fifth Queen and Country trade, the Ex Machina trade, and Captain America's Bicentennial Battles. Well, that's for Kevin but I'll probably read it first. Look at it and tell me you wouldn't. You'd be lying. It's KIRBY IN AN 80-PAGE GIANT.
Captain America's Bicentennial Battles


I'm still mulling over last night's episode of Battlestar Galactica. Is Number Six really just in Baltar's head? If so, how did she manifest in reality? Also, wasn't it just a little fishy that she happened to pop up on the Galactica with important news, but only after a few weeks?

I'm not even going to get started on the fact that Baltar didn't exactly act like an innocent guy. Unless most Colonial criminal suspects wander around begging to escape, attempt to smash computers, and generally act like Crazy Talking Guy on my bus. But so far this show is good at bringing up what should be long-lasting plot points and shutting them down fast--the water shortage, the prison riots, wasting half the reserve fuel looking for Starbuck, the criminal trial, etc.

On my errands today I won a second free song on the iTunes music store. Still have no idea what to get with the first one, so now I have another...