The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Blogger lost this post last night...

Let's see if I can remember what it was like today.

First of all, there was a preview on 1Up.com about We Love Katamari, a sequel that sounds kinda fun. Evidently instead of repairing stars that the drunken King of All Cosmos destroyed on a bender, katamari fans tell the Prince what they want to see in a new katamari. Rock on.

Back in the day, I really liked Virtual On: Cybertroopers. Fun game about running around battling with giant robots. So when I saw the sequel on Gamefly, I had to pick it up. Virtual On Mars sounds great. Better graphics, an actual dual-stick controller instead of the makeshift one on the Saturn, etc. But man, unplayable. And quite possibly the worst voiceovers since Vandal Hearts—I can still crack K up by shouting the opening line from that one. SOSTEGARIA! (If you've never played it, imagine the most bombastic thing possible, then put it to early CGI films and hand-drawn animation.)

Speaking of bombast, I see that Kansas is once again trying to make other states look advanced by trying to put a scientific theory on trial. Seriously, if intelligent design is an actual theory, why isn't it in the peer-reviewed literature? Where are the tests to prove or disprove a hypothesis?

Every time I hear these "scientists" talk, I hear Professor Enid Gumby.

I THINK THAT DINOSAURS WALKED THE EARTH WITH PEOPLE!
*claps bricks together*

It is a good thing tomorrow is Friday. This week can be over any day now.