The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

As if you needed another reason to be a switcher.


Microsoft is paying the religious right $20,000 a month in protection money. Century Strategies is Ralph Reed's consulting business. Suddenly, their decision to pull support from the gay rights bill in the Washington legislature makes a lot more sense.

My coworkers often demand that academic freedom says they can use whatever tool they want, however they want. (Whether this is an actual, valid argument is a question for the reader.) However, carried to the logical extreme, this means I need to have work purchase a new G5 tower with Cinema Display. I cannot, in good conscience, defend this decision.

And before you start, no, I cannot defend Apple's decision to sue bloggers to stop leaking of hardware. It's stupid and I think they're shooting themselves in the foot. The company has always been their own worst enemy.