The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

They just like talking... to salesmen

ABC—Always be closing!

Sorry, I've been talking to salespeople all morning, looking for a new SmartBoard. Or a new Sympodium, which sounds like a drug. (Sorta like Exubera, a new inhalable insulin that's in development. Anyway, get them to sign on the line which is dotted.

Microsoft continues to think up new reasons to dislike it. Other than editing group policies, even. Yeah, group policies are read by all users on a machine unless you exclude them by specifically denying them read rights to the group policy file. OK, that makes sense, sorta, but what a colossal pain in the ass. I'm not even going to get into the arcane phrasing of policies. Do I want to enable or disable the "Don't display the Getting Started screen on logon" property? DOUBLE NEGATIVE, people.

I hear good things about the Sharknife, but I am going to be doing Car Things and so it might be a while.