The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The new math

Dell's got a weird idea of what staggering an order means. To wit: Work bought a ton of new machines.

"Could we stagger their delivery?" we asked.

"Sure!" said Dell.

Here's how they broke this order up:
One computer and monitor shipped via FedEx on Wednesday
64 computers and 64 monitors shipped via gigantic truck on Thursday
One computer and one monitor shipped via FedEx on Thursday

That's not quite what we meant by staggering, but that's the beauty of Just-In-Time ordering, I guess. Good thing our driver was kind enough to help us out with his pallet jack. We'd still be moving those things otherwise. (On a side note, I am also very glad we decided to move from CRTs to LCDs, as is my lower back.) I took some crappy futurephone photos of the exercise.

But no Photoshop-fu for you today. This is the first time I've sat down since about 10:30, and I have a meeting in about four minutes.