The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Back from Las Vegas

Miss me?

This was my first trip and I have a couple of thoughts:

Thought the first:
It is not an accident that there are no places to sit in Vegas that are not in a restaurant or in front of some sort of gambling apparatus. You must walk. You cannot sit at the bus stop and wait for the bus, you must walk until you want to sit down, at which point you must gamble or eat.

Thought the second:
Everybody has a roulette system that will not work.

Thought the third:
Los Angeles must have been empty of LA Kings fans over the weekend, as I think every single one of them was packed into the MGM Grand Arena last Saturday. One of the more drunk fans was sitting behind me—it's bad when you can smell somebody's breath 10 seconds after they yell, isn't it?

Thought the fourth:
The bartenders at the Mon Ami Gabi restaurant in the Paris hotel are really, really good sports. All I can say is do not ask them to make a mojito.

Let's see, what else is new? It's Friday and I'm unstuck in time. I'm sure I'll think of something.