The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fascinating

I saw this on the Group News Blog the other day and it's hypnotic.

The Blogger Play site is a live feed of every image that's uploaded to Blogger. A never-ending glimpse of vacation photos, pet pictures, food, and general life events.

There's a voyeuristic quality to it, but it's also a little like speed-reading every blog as it's posted, particularly if you enable the information overlay--you get a profile of the author and the entry.

So far this morning I've seen travel pictures of Finland, some network diagrams, a bunny investigating a vacuum cleaner, stir fry, vacation photos, and somebody's 3D artwork. I'm curious to see if the types of images change as different parts of the world wake up and go to sleep. Though Australian and Polish vacation pictures are pretty interesting.

A small but significant portion of these appear to be linkfarm blogs, judging from the product names and the like that keep showing up. Blogging is the new spamming but the old phishing, I guess.