The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Double century mark

If I can believe what Blogger tells me, this is post #200. Whee, or something. Not sure if this is what I originally intended, but nothing ever goes exactly as planned.

Kerry spoke to the National Guard today. Well worth quoting here:

Two days ago, the President stood right where I’m standing and did not even acknowledge that more than 1,000 men and women have lost their lives in Iraq. He did not tell you that with each passing day, we’re seeing more chaos, more violence, more indiscriminate killings. He did not tell you that with each passing week, our enemies are getting bolder – that Pentagon officials report that entire regions of Iraq are now in the hands of terrorists and extremists. He did not tell you that with each passing month, stability and security seem farther and farther away.

There's a patron in the library who is fond of wearing shirts like John Kerry--Traitor. Not even mentioning that you have over 1000 dead when you're facing a group of people much like those you've gotten killed--what is that, I wonder? Bush is a miserable failure. His only plan in Iraq seems to be "Go in there and loot the treasury as fast as possible. Who cares about the consequences?"

Kevin is off to Canada tomorrow. I hope he can get the NHL back on track to start the season on time.