The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, September 27, 2004

I just want my laptop

IS THAT SO WRONG?

(Note, it helps if you say the above in a Harvey Fierstein voice.)

Our laptop knocked on the door on Friday, but we weren't home so it didn't stay. I called DHL and they should be bringing it by my office today. Their hold music was insane, though. Santana, then The Supremes, then UB 40.

I have genre whiplash, I think.

Spent the weekend playing far too much Pikmin 2, so much that it was starting to affect my dreams. I did finally manage to complete the first part of the game--the gathering of 10,000 Pokos--but I have not managed to find my lost comrade yet.

There's a bit in the Mark Leyner novel Et Tu, Babe where Mark goes into a video store and asks for the Schwarzeneggerization of a couple of films, where every actor is digitally replaced by the Governator. I was reminded of that today when Kevin and I were talking:
*** eXpress message received from Beaucoup Fish at 10:03 ***
Every line in the Holy Trilogy is better in a loud Arnold voice. "SHUT DOWN ALL THA GAHBAGE MASHERS ON THA DETENTION LEVEL!!!!"

*** You sent this eXpress message to Beaucoup Fish at 10:05 ***
I GOINGK TO TASCHEE STATION TO PICK UP ZUM POWAH CONVERTAHS!