The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Term date of 8/31

I went to get a script filled last night, and much to my surprise, I find that I was terminated on 8/31. Which is weird, since I just turned in my time sheet for the last pay period. So I call HR this morning, and it turns out that if you are like me and forget to turn in a timesheet on time and require a manual check, our health insurance automatically says you're terminated and refuses coverage until they are told otherwise.

Remind me again why we pay more for health care than any other industrialized nation, yet have shit like this happen? Not to mention the 44 million Americans who lack any health care at all. A friend of mine once theorized that we are one celebrity death away from better medical care for all--which celebrity is gonna take one for the team?

I had a lovely weekend last night and I will tell you all about it later. Booze was involved, because it makes you shiny.