The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Bwuh?

I take the day off for personal reasons and the world fucking explodes.

First there's news that Osama Bin Laden is still very much alive. (So much for Bush's "dead or alive" claim from September 17, 2001. Like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target. But you killed a hundred thousand of the wrong people, give or take a couple thousand and forget the wounded. Worst. President. Ever.)

And then I see this nugget from Defamer.
Highly respected, Pulitzer-winning novelist Michael Chabon continues to attract Hollywood's filthy lucre, signing on to write Snow and the Seven, a martial-arts reimagining of Snow White, for Disney.

This will either be very good or very bad. I am guessing very bad. Disney has never been my favorite company ever, particularly after contracting for them for a while.

Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Klay was magnificent. I could see the art in my head, looking a whole lot like Kirby and Lee at their peak. This martial-arts thing does not sound much like it, unless it's got Karnak in it. (Beware that the link provided has a really shitty picture of Karnak. I cannot find a better one online, alas. Better than this one, though.)