The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Back to Crawford

When Bush announced he was heading back to Crawford this last weekend, most of the blogs assumed he had another emergency trip to Iraq planned. You know, where the preznit no give me turkee. (Long story.)

But now I think it's just to hide, since the stories about the administration supressing a 9/11 report until after the election and 380 tons of high explosives went missing last year. I'm not sure how either of these are going to be Clinton's or Kerry's fault, but I'm sure Rove is trying to think of SOMETHING.

(Speaking of something, The Poor Man's storyboards for the last Bush ad are priceless.)

Spent a lot of this weekend reading old Tom Strong issues. Some folks were not as happy with this title as other ABC titles, but taken as a whole it's terribly impressive. Part Doc Savage, part Captain Marvel, part Challengers of the Unknown, Tom Strong and his extended family have adventures from the Earth's core to Terra Obscura. Pick this up if you haven't read it.