The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Royale Feast

Spent this evening in the company of very dear friends, who helped me celebrate my birthday by consuming mass quantities of Moroccan food at Marrakesh.

Dinner this evening:
  • Lentil soup (with garlic, chickpeas, tomato, lentils, lime juice, etc.)

  • Salad Marrakesh (tomatoes, lettuce, celery, carrot, eaten with chunks of bread)

  • Bastela Royale (chicken, almonds, egg, honey, all baked in a puff pastry, lightly dusted with powdered sugar)

  • Chicken with Lemon and Olives

  • Chicken with Honey and Prunes

  • Lamb with Eggplant

  • Lamb Couscous

  • Apricot Chicken

  • Compote with apples, mangoes, and bananas

  • Moroccan Mint-Orange tea


(And for me, a piece of baklava with a candle next to it.) The bread used as a utensil for the salad had a lovely anise component. There were no other utensils, so we were eating chicken and couscous with our fingers. And of course, there was belly dancing. Add in the wine and the company, and a wonderful time was had by all. Thanks, guys.

I must find a way to get that tea again, as it was wonderful. Part of it may have been the presentation, which is the nicest I've seen since having a Spanish Coffee at Huber's. Which, if you're ever in town, you should do. Alcohol + fire == fun!

I may never need to eat again after all that food, though. Wow.