The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Where do you want to go today?

Currently trying to reduce the size of a PowerPoint file for a coworker. It is giving me yet another reason to hate PowerPoint--it seems that they convert everything to .bmp format on the fly, so saved documents with 8 images balloon up to 19 MB in size.

Not getting it done.

There are ways around this, in theory, but it looks like I'm going to have to re-edit every image in Photoshop and try it again. Fucking hell.

I am reminded, of course, of a job I did years ago where we created a ton of images in Harvard Graphics, only to find that the only output options it gave were not going to work for publication. So we had to have them all redone at great expense.

In other news the world is still fucked up and the dollar is sinking fast. Good thing it's a weekend coming up. I'm not gonna even go into all the other shit going down at the moment.