The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Small is big.

Lots of news from MacWorld SF today.

First, there are a bunch of new pieces of software. iLife has been upgraded, and now they're trying to kill Office with iWork. I'm not 100% sure this is going to work, but as they say, what new feature of Office do you use the most? Actually, what new feature have you used at all? In some ways, I'd rather be running Word 5.1 since it would be way faster than Office X.

Then there's the Mini, which may be the simplest computer ever. Put a Happy Hacker and a mini LCD on there, you've got a portable workstation you can take with you. Granted, it's not upgradable at all, but it can do something my TiBook cannot, and that's play World of WarCraft.

Actually, wait. What video card does it have? ATI Radeon 9200 with 32 MB of RAM. Well, it might play it, but don't expect much shiny stuff out of it.

Haven't purchased comics lately--I've mostly been waiting for a visit from Kevin so we can go and he can get outrageous deals at my shop that they never think of offering me. (It's a fact--every time I take people to Excalibur, they get offered some mighty fine bargains.)