The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

In search of... the barred knifejaw

The Magic Box has new pictures of Animal Crossing DS. Still debating on the GBA DS and the PSP. The launch titles for the latter are slightly more appealing, but the Wi-Fi goodness illustrated by this new incarnation of Animal Crossing has some appeal. Then there's the Final Fantasy VII movie, which may only be out on the PSP. So there's that.

If either of them get a port of Dragon Force, well, that would tip the balance.

Some minor tweaks taking place in Kingdom of Loathing these days. The rumored Ascension is coming along, and every once in a while I find a new-to-me thing. For example, my Chef-in-a-box exploded the other day after I attempted to make too many things with it. Durability, always so pesky.

What do you get when you mix Batman and Lego? Batman: New Times, from the DaveSchool. (Funny, I don't remember Mark Hamill working on any of my school projects! Mark! Mark! Let me tell you about my plan to revisit your character from The Muppet Show!)

New Times is worth watching, though I really wish they'd explored the world of LEGO more. I'm not expecting BrickFrenzy levels of LEGO action, or even LEGO Star Wars (which is sorely, sorely tempting me to revisit my vow that Lucas doesn't need any more of my money). But if you're going to take the trouble to model a world made of plastic bricks, make it worth the time and effort beyond aesthetic reasons.