The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

We now return you to our regular programming, already in progress

I've been pretty busy again, so I haven't had the chance to post much.

Last week it was meetings, the weekend was a visit from some dear friends, and then yesterday was a combination of meetings, putting out fires, and ennui (I always did sympathize with Nevil).

Watched Appleseed the other evening, and it is a smorgasboard of eye candy. The animation is beautiful and remarkably detailed, full of giant robots, medium robots (but no tiny robots), and explosions, gunfire, etc. Everything one needs. Except, perhaps, a coherent story. The visuals drive the plot, which doesn't always work out for the best.

I may have to pick up the soundtrack at some point, too.

Finally managed to Ascend in Kingdom of Loathing, which was slightly more difficult than I thought it would be. Just getting to the end of the game involves figuring out some devious puzzles, and I am gathering one of the cultural references went way over the heads of most of the players.

New content in the freshly-ascended world, and I have to give props to the crew involved for inventing the concept of a poutine ooze.