The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Blandy McAction! Coming to a theater near you!

The trailer for V for Vendetta is up now, finally. In a word: ho-hum.

Other than the taglines, there's not a whole lot to recommend it, from what I can see. They blew their stunt casting by showing Natalie Portman getting her head shaved in the trailer. The visuals are OK, but if you want explodo, you should really go see Stealth.

I'm reminded (as I often am) of an episode of MST3K, where Mike invents "Cowboy Mike's Original Riccochet Barbeque Sauce." It's BOLD! Only...
Mike: I'll tell you what, you hair dressing little cowpokes, you check the Umbiliport and you'll find yourself a free sample of Cowboy Mike's Own, Original, red-hot Richoche-e-e-e-t Barbecue Sauce.
Crow: It's bold!
Dr. F: Hmm, it looks, somewhat bold. Speaking of which, saucy ones, your movie today is called "Starfighters", a bold Air Force epic.
Frank: Well, how 'bout it, Clay? Is it bold?
Dr. F: It's... actually it's not that bold.
Frank: It's not?!
Dr. F: No.
Frank: It's not bold!
Dr. F: Decidedly unbold. Hey, what's the deal with this stuff not being bold?

Note to Hollywood: stop making adaptations of Alan Moore's work, since you never seem to get it. Thanks.