The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Cycle of felines


anticipation
Originally uploaded by GiantFightingBot.
No matter where we go in this city, there's always a neighborhood cat that hangs around us.

When we lived in the apartment, we had three next-door neighbor cats that would come in, get a snack, hang out, and then go home. One of them even helped my cat Zelda get out of a tree after she'd been chased there by dogs—the cat meowed encouragement for her to come down.

Now that we're in the house, we're on our fourth set of neighborhood cats as visitors. The first three sets have all moved away, sadly. I still miss Sammy (I'll upload some pictures of him later), as he basically tried to move in with us. For example, when I found out that his owners were moving, I went over there to say goodbye. Sammy followed me back home, ignoring his owners.

Now that the last round of cats have moved away, we have three new visitors, one of whom is very, very interested in the birdfeeder in the backyard.

Eventually we'll learn their names. Not sure who they belong to yet, but there's a lot of turnover what with the housing market ballooning into a bubblegum crisis. OK, not that Bubblegum Crisis.