The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Showcase presents



Superman in the 60s ran into crazy aliens bent on world domination, beings who couldn't quite figure out these crazy humans, and tons of refugees from the ex-planet of Krypton.

However, as strange as some of these stories are (I'm thinking of the "Superman's New Power" storyline, where Kal-El becomes jealous of his own powers when they take the form of a small imp that can do everything he can...), none of them involved looking for aliens like SETI@Home. The old project closes down next week, so if you're still running it, consider running BOINC. I must admit, the user interface is kinda bad, but the new project is far more flexible. You can model weather, look for gravity waves, or cure diseases, all with the same program.

But anyway, back to comics... I've got some of the other DC Showcase Presents titles. Missed out on the Jonah Hex trade so far, but I do have the Green Lantern, Metamorpho, and Superman volumes. I'll probably pick up the Justice League of America title.

Hey, Green Lantern in January! I don't think it has the classic "My ward is a JUNKIE!" line but should be fun anyway.

Now this was unexpected: House of Mystery in February. I've also heard rumors of upcoming Superman Family volumes, which would be a great way to pick up those hard-to-find Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane stories. Well, by hard-to-find I mean expensive.

Speaking of expensive, gold and oil are near record highs this week. At the same time, old school Hasselhoffian entertainment is $1.99 a pop now that you can buy old episodes of Knight Rider at the iTunes Music Store.

(They really need to rename that thing now. Media Store, maybe. That would even allow downloadable art installations or something, should iPod technology progress that far...)