The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Flashback only without the constant smell of popcorn

It's World Cup time again. I can't listen to any of the live feeds--none of them can punch through the proxy here at the printer mines--but I have been trying to keep track as best I can.

Google has a live update on their personalized homepage, but it's dropped out for most of the first half of the Poland - Ecuador game. Instead, I've been viewing their constantly-updating World Cup coverage. For example, here's one of their comments from today's game:
49 mins: Krzynowek wastes yet another corner, this time swinging the ball over everyone in the box and behind for a goal kick. Very disappointing so far for a man with a supposedly cultured left-foot.


I've also learned fun facts, like the stadium in AufSchalke has 5 km of piping to bring in beer. Truly, this is a magical world we live in these days.

Between World Cup fever and the incredibly long REM playlist I just uploaded to my work machine, I'm flashing back to college, sitting in my apartment above a movie theater and watching the 94 World Cup on Univision.