The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Determining correct file permissions...

Apple released a system update for OS X 10.3.4 today. So after downloading the 41 MB update, I've installed it and now it's time to repair disk permissions. (Why Apple installers always munge disk permissions is beyond me.)

Monday is a holiday, so the roads were really quiet this morning. Maybe everybody is staying home drunk, realizing they are in a world where Sean Hannity can compare MoveOn.org to the Klan. I know that the guy is a complete tool, but come on. Add in the news that Bill Janklow, in addition to killing a motorcyclist while speeding, also had over 200 secret pardons to his friends while governor of South Dakota, and it's a wonder anybody takes the GOP and its ilk seriously.

Oh yeah. They run all three branches of government. But it's too hard, if you believe Dennis Hastert.

Did a bit of writing last night. I've had this story idea in my head for a while, so it was interesting to work on. Then I had another one this morning. Next you'll see me working on my resume...

All things considered, though, I need some coffee.