The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I told you I was ill.

OK, so I'm no Spike Milligan. But I have been coughing a lot today--more so than yesterday when I was saying to myself, I really don't feel all that bad anymore...

Had a lovely night out and I watched most of game 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Jerome Iginla's short-handed goal was a thing of beauty. I think I'm mostly cheering for Calgary this year, though Tampa Bay has a certain underdog quality that I like. On the other hand, it is in Florida and Florida is the source of much evil.

I have Hero on DVD already, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see it on the big screen. It's a combination of Rashomon with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and a tiny dash of The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk. The latter is a must-see, if you haven't already. About the only thing it's missing is a giant robot. Unlike Brotherhood of the Wolf, though, I have no idea how they could have fit one in.