The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Goldfish do not eat sausages

Today we had a conference at work. Well, by we I mean a small subset of the library had a regional conference. Though for a regional conference we had people from quite a ways away--folks from Atlanta, Green Bay, even a pair from Hawai'i.

However, it could have been planned better. For something that was spreadsheeted and PowerPointed to death, there were a whole lot of simple things that flew under the radar. (On a side note, somebody needs to buy me Edward Tufte's book on PowerPoint, along with all the other stuff he's written. I got an ad for a seminar from him as part of my STC membership but I just couldn't see coming up with $350 for the class...)

So I spent my day running around and dealing with interlibrary loan people and wondering just where in my life I signed on to be an A/V roadie. I set up LCD projectors, ran around etc. etc. etc. My back was killing me this evening and a bit of a bath helped. Still, I wish I'd had a Prince bath bomb from Lush or something. Perhaps we should head down to SF soon to restock...

Spending the evening watching Monty Python and Black Adder, in which I learn that there is no cannibalism in the British Navy. And by none I mean a certain amount.