The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Produce Panic

Note to self: play this at work on Tuesday.

(Insert obligatory rant about lack of cross-platform development.)

Playing a game of HeroQuest with Reza, Michael, and the rest of the gang. My current character is a Kralorelan (an analogue of China in the world of Glorantha, whose inhabitants are the only people in the world who don't fear dragons), and I'm playing him as sort of the Old Master character from Feng Shui. This is a Borderlands campaign so we're not all Roman/Saxon analogues like in other campaigns I've done in this system. Which is refreshing, since playing a band of illiterate cattle-based religious zealots gets old after a while.

Instead we're playing a rag-tag group of people from various nationalities, some of whom distrust each other. We have one language in common--I've decided that in addition to being a martial arts wizard, this old man (Master Wang Chi) is doing a pretty good Chekov impression. Keptin, did you know quadrotriticale was a Russian invention? Plus I make everyone eat my noodles, which I'm not good at making. He's a fun character to play.

It's Memorial Day, and I see from dailyKos that Bush the Elder pushed Clinton at the opening ceremony. I mean, the hell? Way to go, Bush. I suppose we should be thankful he didn't throw up on the Big Dog.

L Dopa and Devil Crayon are having a housewarming party tonight. I couldn't find a decent fare down to SF, alas. But we'll be there in August. Curse this time and geography crap.