The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

We begin zombing in five minutes

This is why the internet was created.

I'm a little surprised Bush hasn't called for 93 poor people to be buried with our fallen hero, one for each year of his life. They would be enshrined in his massive, taxpayer-funded sarcophagus which would be available for rentals for a mere $100,000 donation to the RNC. Bush's website now features all Reagan, all the time. Prior to that it had more pictures of Kerry on the front page than of him.

The Farenheit 9/11 trailer may be the best political ad I've seen in a long time, even better than the "Heart" and "Lifetime" pieces the Kerry campaign was running a while back. Now I don't always agree with Moore (mostly because "Canadian Bacon" should have been a lot more funny) but this looks well worth watching.

I think the best thing to do to honor Reagan is to donate to the Kerry campaign or the DNC. But that's just me.

In other news, I finally finished Ventus and I'm now reading Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days by Alastair Reynolds. I really do wish his publishers would find a way to package some of his short fiction into an anthology--the Clavain stories were hinting at such in the last Dozois anthology but I'm not sure I've heard anything more about it.

Currently pondering coffee and whether I need to re-invent the wheel again. Josh mentioned to me the other day that he'd been re-introduced to the Humna Humna. Hrm. I know the game works (somewhat on System 8.6, but what about OS X?