The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Shire.... Baggins......

Watching the pan-and-scan version of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I'm wondering if I should have grabbed a beer to play the "drink when you see The Ring" game. I'd probably be reeling, even now, and we're barely 30 minutes in.

Our tradition for the past few years has been to spend Christmas day watching the latest LotR movie, then going for dim sum. Now that Peter Jackson, et al., have chosen to not make The Hobbit, I have no idea what we'll be doing this year.

I'm thinking of selling some of my old comics and converting long runs of single issues into trade paperbacks. I've got a complete run of Morrison's run on New X-Men that might fit well like that. Just as an example.

It's Saturday night, and that means its time for The Venture Brothers. Looks like it's Tag Sale: You're It! Monarch's been arching Dr. Venture now.

This needs to be out on DVD. Now.