The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Trials of life

This morning, on the new solar year marked by yesterday's solstice, I walked into work to spy a young sharp-shinned hawk attacking a sea gull. He managed to shear off the back feathers from the gull, but not much else. Feathers drifted through the air as the gull escaped in a panic.

The hawk looked at me as if to say, "Shit! I nearly had him!" After a moment he flew up to a branch to hop around nervously. I took a picture with my phone camera, but since there's no telephoto you can barely make the hawk out at all. However, there are some nice feathers decorating the park blocks now.

The days are getting longer, light is increasing. I'm tempted to read something into this but experience warns against it.