The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

4 ever? I don't think so...

The new Fantastic Four trailer is out (thanks to Mike Sterling for the heads-up), and I have mixed feelings. The music is kinda grating, and while some of the imagery looks OK, it mostly feels a bit like the first X-Men movie. Lotsa big dumbness, not much else.

Though really, most superhero movies get to tell an origin story and that's about it. At least in the first outing. I was a lot happier with the second X-Men film than the first, since they didn't have to waste a ton of time on exposition.

On the other hand, it will probably be better than Elektra or Daredevil, neither of which I will see. Well, were MST3K still around, both would be bot fodder.